Head of Client Operations
- Operations / Fintech - Banking
- Job Title:
- Head of Client Operations
- Reports to:
- Director of E-Money Operations
- Type of position:
A leading issuing (challenger) bank transforming the future of cross border payments to serve our Clients through the digital revolution. The Bank has presence in London, Malta and Gibraltar, serving innovative Clients across Europe through long term partnerships with Mastercard and Visa.
A leading provider of services and solutions. Setting the standard for excellence in the payments sector. Our broad and deep Client relationships set us apart. We are forward thinkers in a complex ecosystem and partner with cutting edge technology companies in fintech to challenge the way we conventionally bank for the better.
Our parent company IDT Corporation is an innovative and opportunity-seeking multinational company headquartered in the US and listed on the New York stock exchange with offices across the globe.
We are looking for a Head of Client Operations to join the UK & European operations team to lead and develop Client Operations, Client Onboarding and implementation projects. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful delivery or projects and ensure the delivery of efficient operations across various functions. You will take the lead in supporting, guiding and leading a team of project managers and operations professionals. You will be responsible for optimizing the team and fostering a collaborative and results-driven team environment.
Team Leadership and Management:
• Lead, motivate and mentor a team of project managers and operations staff.
• Set clear performance expectations, provide regular feedback and conduct performance evaluations.
• Mature the projects and operations teams.
• Become the internal operations champion within the organisation.
• Remediate client escalations and escalate to the executive team when necessary.
• Develop & create Policies and Procedures.
• Development plans, support, and embed a culture of continuous development.
• Project management – full lifecycle from inception to closure. Requirements gathering, project scoping, designing and implementing a project plan while being able to identify potential risks, issues and dependencies while meeting agreed deadlines.
• Become the SME for Visa and Mastercard implementation projects.
• Develop and manage project timelines and resources.• Progress reports; produce regular reporting for internal MI.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration between the project team and the rest of the business.
• Liaise with key stakeholders, internally and externally.
• Proactively identify and action opportunities for alignment with scheme mandates and relevant regulations.
• Lead multiple projects simultaneously.
• Lead on any ad-hoc projects and requests as required by the business.
• Ensure that project outcomes meet or exceed quality standards and client expectations.
• Implement quality control measures and continuously seek opportunities for improvement.
• Managing the day to day technical queries and issues (both internal and external)
• Lead the Client Operations function as an integral part of the management team.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the company’s client onboarding processes.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the company’s payment operations processes.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders i.e. operations, compliance, client relationships, finance as well as VISA and Mastercard, Clients, processors and card manufactures and third parties.
• Cross-functional collaboration to streamline operations and eliminate bottlenecks.
Job Specific Competencies
• Self starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and budgets.
• Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down complex ideas and technical language for a non-subject matter expert.
• Innovative, demonstrating a proactive approach to finding solutions.
• Technical background, familiarity of working in banking / payments.
• Be able to work closely and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
• Focused individual that is personable with good attention to detail.
• Ability to use initiative, chair meetings and steer/influence discussions.
• Good research skills.
Knowledge and Skills
• Financial Services background and operations experience; preferably within E-Money products.
• Proven experience as a senior project manager and/or operations manager.
• Demonstrated success in leading project teams and achieving project objectives.
• Experience managing direct reports.
• Project Management; qualification in a project management methodology a plus.
• Stakeholder experience – i.e. Operations, Compliance, Finance, Client Relationships.
• Basic technical understanding – API’s, back/middle office systems.
• Visa and Mastercard systems experience a plus.
• MS 365 (Microsoft Office) and project management tools.
• Experience in delivering technical products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply for this role
Collaboration and partnerships are in our DNA and we are always on the lookout for individuals to add to our unique make-up and skill set that allows our partners grow. So, if you can bring a fresh perspective to see the big picture, spot trends and provide excellent service then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and let us know how you can help IDT and its partners achieve their goals whilst we help you fulfil your career ambitions.Apply