Financial Crime Prevention Analyst
- Compliance / Fintech - Banking
- Job Title:
- Financial Crime Prevention Analyst
- Reports to:
- Financial Crime Preventation Team Manager
- Type of position:
A leading issuing (challenger) bank transforming the future of cross border payments to serve our Clients through the digital revolution.
The Bank has presence in the United Kingdom, Israel and Gibraltar, serving innovative Clients through long term partnerships with Mastercard and Visa.
A leading provider of services and solutions. Setting the standard for excellence in the payments sector. Our broad and deep Client relationships set us apart. We are forward thinkers in a complex ecosystem and partner with cutting edge technology companies in fintech to challenge the way we conventionally bank for the better.
Our parent company IDT Corporation is an innovative and opportunity-seeking multinational company headquartered in the US and listed on the New York stock exchange with offices across the globe.
As a member of the IDTFS Financial Crime Prevention team, this role is primarily responsible for the investigation of alerts generated by the Company’s Transaction Monitoring system and provide support to the additional activities related to Suspicious Activity Reporting, PEPs and Sanctions. The Financial Crime Analyst will report to the Financial Crime Preventation Team Manager on daily activities and will also be involved in specific compliance tasks and projects.
- Playing a key role in supporting the delivery of comprehensive financial crime prevention and Anti-Money Laundering processes
- Analysis of cases generated by internal transaction monitoring software to detect Money Laundering/ Proliferation or Terrorism Financing activities.
- Verification of alerted transactions by conducting reviews on Clients accounts
- Making recommendations based on research/analysis results including making risk-based SAR recommendations and preparing SARs.
- Document steps taken throughout the investigation process to ensure the activity record is updated and maintained for audit and compliance purposes.
- Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports.
- Provide input to the maintenance of the departmental procedures
- Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience working in a compliance, fraud/AML related role
- Preferably previous experience working in a banking or financial services environment.
- Strong working knowledge of SARs, AML and KYC rules and regulations.
- Experience with analysing data/reports/trends.
- Awareness of the principles of risk mitigation, risk management and governance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively
- Able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements, and adapt to changing situations.
- Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail
- Commercial acumen – competent in analysing and evaluating client performance data.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Customer-oriented mind-set
- MS Excel (strong skills in this area are an advantage, should at least be able to use Pivot Tables and analyse data in an efficient way)
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply for this role
Collaboration and partnerships are in our DNA and we are always on the lookout for individuals to add to our unique make-up and skill set that allows our partners grow. So, if you can bring a fresh perspective to see the big picture, spot trends and provide excellent service then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and let us know how you can help IDT and its partners achieve their goals whilst we help you fulfil your career ambitions.Apply